– Student Life Opportunities –
Bridging the Gap between St. Francis of the Lakes and the Community!
• October 2014 – After School Cooking Club – grades 5-8
Enjoy cooking with your peers while learning techniques and great food combinations. Try new recipes and a variety of food. Our emphasis is on healthy eating, using local foods when possible. Register early! Class size is limited to 16! Fridays beginning October 10. $90.00 register at www.communityed.isd.org
• October 2014 – Babysitters’ Prep – ages 11 and up
Learn the skills necessary to be a quality babysitter. We will cover information in leadership, basic care, safety, and first aid. Bring a lunch and snack for the day. Space is limited to 30 students. October 16. Register at www.communityed.isd.org.
• October 2014 – Intro to Youth Curling – grades 4 and up
Learn the fundamentals of curling and experience playing some games. No experience necessary and all athletic playing abilities welcome! Classes are held at the Fran Holden Curling Arena. October 25. Register at www.communityed.isd.org.
• October 2014 – Brainerd’s new Stage North Theater Company is holding Auditions for "A Christmas Carol!” - Ages 8 and up
When: For your convenience we are offering three audition times, pick one. Friday October 10, 2014 7:00 p.m. as well as Saturday October 11, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. and again at 3:00 p.m. Rehearsals begin Nov. 8th.
Where: Franklin Arts Center 1001 Kingwood Street Brainerd, MN. 56401
Who: Stage North Theatre Company is looking for Men, Women and children ages 8 and up. Auditions are for actors as well as those interested in technical positions.
What: This adaptation of "A Christmas Carol" is a non-musical version, however the children's roles will include caroling so children auditioning should expect to be asked to sing a little something during auditions. Music will be provided, so preparation isn't necessary. Actors will be asked to read from a script.
For more information visit www.stagenorththeater.com
• October 11th 2014 - Fall Festival Arty Party
Chalk Drawing, mask making, and more!! Come to the Franklin arts Center for creative fun! 10:00-12:00 $3.00 per child or $5.00 per family
• October 11th 2014 – Northland Arboretum 11th Annual Haunted Trail
Enjoy a frightfully good time on the Arboretum Haunted Trail and stay to enjoy a bonfire and cider. Proceeds benefit the Northland Arboretum. 7:00pm – 9:00pm.
• October 17-19, 2014 – Oktoberfest at Rutger’s Bay Lake Lodge
Come for a fun day filled with entertainment, kids’ activities, beverages, food and arts and crafts! Enjoy a German Dinner Buffet starting at 5:00pm – reservations for dinner required. 9:00am – 4:00pm. For more information visit www.rutgers.com
• November 2014 - Brainerd Public School Gymnastics Program
This entry level class focuses on the following tumbling skills: basic body positions, forward roll, backward roll, cartwheels, leaps, jumps, turns and handstand. These skills must be mastered before moving on to the next level and must get approval from a coach. Your gymnast will also be introduced to the uneven bars, the balance beam and a vaulting station in preparation for the next level. Mondays - Nov 10-Feb 9 5:45-6:45pm $ 65.00 Register at Register at www.isd181.org
• November 8th 2014 – Whimsical Masks with Alice Larson
Come to the Franklin Arts Center and make a whimsical mask! 10:00-12:00 $3.00 per child or $5.00 per family
• December 2014 – Wrestling - Grades K-5
Instructors: Jim Kath, Mike Boran and staff. We will cover fundamentals as well as new techniques. Great exercise and a lot of fun. Registration fee includes a t-shirt and entry fee for the Brainerd Youth Wrestling tourney on Sunday, Feb 1st at Forestview. Beginning December 8 for Grades 1-5 6:30-8:00 $50.00 – Beginning January 5 for Kindergarten 6:30-7:30 $40.00 register at www.communityed.isd.org
• December 13th 2014 – Clay Creations with Kate Carlson
Come to the Franklin Arts Center and have fun with clay! 10:00-12:00 $3.00 per child or $5.00 per family
* SPORTS SHUTTLE: St. Francis students who are participating in ISD 181 or Community Ed activities may ride the Reichert Bus "Sports Shuttle" from St. Francis to Forestview and the High School at the end of the school day. Students/parents must pick up a bus pass from the Community Ed office at Forestview for each season or session. Students must be enrolled in a current sport or activity in order to obtain a bus pass. Ask Trish for departure times for the Sports Shuttle. NOTE: If your student is enrolled in an ISD 181 sport or activity that has out of town tournaments where the bus leaves before the end of the school day, it is the parent's responsibility to bring the student to Forestview or the High School, as the Sports Shuttle only leaves St. Francis once a day at the end of the school day. This bus is limited to Sports only!